Keith Crate Elite Scholarship
KEITH CRATE ELITE SCHOLARSHIP
The Keith Crate Elite Scholarship of $3,000 is aimed to give financial assistance to an athlete who is at the top of their chosen field — the crème de la crème.
The scholarship is something to aspire to and while not necessarily be awarded each year and depending on the caliber of the applications in some years it may be given to multiple applicants.
Athletes, aged between 16 and 18 years and still attending school, from any sporting code and based in the Taupo District as defined by the Taupo District Council boundaries, may apply for this scholarship.
Applications must be received by 30 September each year.
The scholarship will be awarded at the annual Taupo District Sports dinner and may be used at the recipient's discretion to assist them in achieving their goals.
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- Have proven success in their chosen sport on a national level (national ranking).
- Have clear short and long term goals.
- Provide regular reports on progress and plans for following months if awarded the scholarship.
Application is by:
Cover letter stating short and long term goals and how the funds would be used over the next 12 months.
CV (stapled pages only please, no bound copies or clear files) showing:
- Personal details.
- List of achievements over the past twelve months.
- Include a reference from high performance coach or national body.
- May include one head and shoulders photo or one competing photo.
Please limit application to five pages.
For more information contact:
phone: 0275 690 302
Post applications to
Keith Crate Scholarship
PO Box 1785