Taupo Half Marathon Sports Fund
TAUPO HALF MARATHON SPORTS FUND distributed by TAUPO HALF MARATHON SOCIETY INC.
The Taupo Half Marathon Society allocates funding each year from the proceeds it receives from the Taupo Marathon and Kinloch Off-road Challenge which it owns. Over $350,000 has been distributed to young sports people of the Taupo district since 1996.
PURPOSE OF THE FUND
Provide financial grants to support young sports people, within the Taupo district, achieving at a high level in their chosen sport and sporting groups helping their members reach their full potential.
CRITERIA FOR FUNDING
Clubs and individuals may apply for funding to assist with expenses for:
- Attending national or international competition.
- Attending or organizing training camps/academies.
- Specialised training or coaching over and above that normally available within their club.
Individuals applying for assistance must:
- Be achieving at a high level in their chosen sport.
- Have a proven success record.
- Be motivated to achieve.
- Be at least 13 years of age and attending school.
- Be based in the Taupo District as defined by the Taupo District Council boundaries.
- Disclose all other sources of funding within their application.
- Complete the downloaded application form.
- Provide a financial report showing all expenses related to the event.
- Complete and sign an accountability form detailing how the grant was spent or reasons why funds were not used.
- Return any monies not used if the project / event for which the grant is given does not proceed.
Applications must be for a specific expense and accompanied by a quote - Please Note entry fees, food and general spending will not be funded.
Applicants may apply only once during the calendar year.
Applications outside the above criteria will be considered on a case by case basis. The committees decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
By signing the application form all terms and conditions are deemed to be agreed to. Failure to meet the terms and conditions will jeopardise future applications.
- Acknowledge, where possible, the Taupo Half Marathon Sport Fund's grant contribution in all communications relating to the event to which the grant applies.
- Report back to the society on their experience and how the funding assisted them.
The funding committee meets during March, June, October and December. Applications for consideration must be received by the first of these months and at least one month prior to the event. Successful applicants will be advised as soon as possible after the committee has met.
For more information contact
mobile: 0275 690 302
RETURN COMPLETED APPLICATION BY
THM Sports Fund
P O BOX 1785